Main parameters of the railway tracks:
- A track network of 15.47 km length
- It is connected to the network of the Hungarian State Railways with a connecting track branching from the Budapest-Soroksári út marshalling yard
- An axle load of 20 tons
- No limitations concerning wheelbase
- Serving with an internal railway operation
- Placement of railway shipments from and to loading areas, arrangement of railway wagons
- Storage and minor repairing of railway wagons
THE FREE PORT, AS A SERVICE FACILITY
Rules governing the usage of the railway infrastructure of the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as: Port) as a service facility
1. The ownership and infrastructure of the Port
- • The ownership of the Port
The Port is owned by MAHART-Freeport Ltd., and the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. has long-term usufruct rights regarding it.
- • The description of the Port infrastructure
The railway infrastructure of the Port is branching out from siding no. 1 of the Csepel Island, through bypass no. I/1, which is branching out from the Budapest-Soroksári Road Marshalling Yards. The siding intersects the Weiss Manfréd Road – equipped with a light barrier – (Corvin hub) in a rightway-tending arc, continues straight passing under the Csepel expressway (HÉV), and passing through railway gate number I of the Port – equipped with a light signal -, the no. 1 so-called “MÁV entrance track" joins in with railway switch no. 2. At the beginning of the entrance track, there is a Shunting Boundary Marker.
- value of axle load: 20 tons
- extent of wheelbase limitation: none
The site layout showing the railway track of the Port forms an integral part of this regulation as Annex 1.
The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. carries out internal railway operation activities throughout the entire network of the Port with the involvement of MÁV-REC Kft. as a subcontractor.
The detailed description of the Port as a service facility is included in the Supplementary Service Instructions of the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Zrt., which is attached to these regulations as Annex 2.
2. General conditions for using the Port
- The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. provides the basic transit services at the Port from the statistical point indicating the start of the Port. No passenger transport services are provided.
- There is no open access maintenance facility, open access refuelling point, or open access technical facility in the Port area.
- The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. provides shunting services only for a fee; the railway company shall not carry out its own shunting and if the need thereof arises, it shall be obliged to order it from the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd.
3. Conditions for using the Port by the railway company
- The railway company declares and warrants that it meets all requirements of the applicable laws and regulations and that it has all the necessary licenses.
- The railway company may only carry out any transports within the Port in accordance with the regulations specified in the Budapest-Soroksári Road Marshalling Yards Operational Execution Instructions.
4. Obligations of the railway company when accessing the Port
- The railway company shall be obliged to acknowledge and comply with the fact that the Port has the status of a national public port (OKK) and its purpose is primarily to serve port activities.
- Subject to Section 4.1, the railway company shall be obliged to comply with the Supplementary Service Instructions (KSZU), and shall observe the Port Regulations, the applicable Business Rules and Tariffs of the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. when using the Port.
- Subject to the priority of port activities, the railway company shall acknowledge that the Port dispatcher shall oversee and manage the port traffic, and therefore the dispatcher shall be entitled to refuse entry or to call for an immediate departure if it is reasonable due to the Port’s uninterrupted operation, or due to traffic or security reasons. Such instructions by the dispatcher shall not constitute a breach of contract or a refusal of access. In the event of an accident or other exceptional occurrence, the railway company shall be obliged to inform the dispatcher thereof without delay and to follow the dispatcher’s instructions.
- The railway company shall organize its activities – in particular the delivery-acceptance of the railway carriages and the delivery of goods to the customer – so that the railway carriages could be towed to the railway track appointed by the consignee client or by the contractor railway company within 60 minutes of reaching the statistical point indicating the start of the Port during the railway course. The railway company shall also be obliged to remove the loaded railway carriages from the service facility within 60 minutes of the permit issued by the Port railway operations on the basis of the statement by the client. In case these obligations are not met, the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall be entitled to charge the railway company a fee of HUF 470 + VAT per hour and per vehicle space occupancy.
- The railway company shall be liable for any damages or additional costs arising as a result of the activities of the railway company. In particular, but not exclusively, in the following cases:
- Incorrect setting of the signalling device at Corvin hub, failure to reset the device after leaving the hub,
- Waiting and interception costs due to the fault of the railway company causing obstructions to the service operations of other companies.
5. Settlement of internal railway activities in the Port area
- Only those railway companies may access the Port with which the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. has previously agreed on the conditions of use of the Port.
- The railway companies may store railway vehicles on the Port’s railway network only and exclusively for a fee.
The storage is free of charge for 24 hours from the arrival of the railway vehicle, after which the fee specified in the applicable Tariffs of the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall be charged.
The following cases shall not be considered as storage:
- stay of railway vehicles waiting for loading or unloading for a period not exceeding 24 hours,
- the stay of railway carriages waiting due to an accident or other exceptional occurrences,
- storage of railway vehicles used to operate the railway infrastructure.
- The delivery-acceptance of a railway course in the case of a wagonload train shall always occur on the delivery-acceptance track of the Port’s marshalling yards. The delivery-acceptance of unit trains and shuttle trains may take place on the delivery-acceptance track of the railway network’s marshalling yards, but may also take place on other tracks of the Port which are qualified as delivery-acceptance tracks. The location of towing in and out of unit trains and of shuttle trains shall be determined by the current railway traffic situation of the Port.
The actual consignee of the consignment arriving by rail shall be entitled at any time to participate in the receipt of the consignment from the railway company, provided that it does not obstruct the operation of the Port.
- In case of incoming railway carriages, the Port shall check the railway carriages’ cleanliness, technical condition and possible damages upon receipt from the railway company. The Port shall not receive damaged or non-conforming railway carriages from the railway company.
- The Port shall charge a railway carriage handling (shunting) fee for the handled loaded and empty railway carriages. The handling fee shall include the consideration for the towing and inspections of the railway carriages between the marshalling yards and the port’s loading area. The one-time railway carriage handling fee includes the consideration for towing in and out of the loading area as well.
- The Port shall charge a railway carriage handling (shunting) fee for unit trains and shuttle trains if – upon the request of the authorized person – the unit train or shuttle train needs to be towed in or out without being split up between the loading area and the delivery-acceptance tracks of the marshalling yards or other delivery-acceptance tracks of the Port’s railway network. In this case, the railway carriage handling fee is charged per railway carriages and per shunting operations.
- The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall charge a traffic organization supervision fee at the Port for the transportation of railway carriages to the authorized person, if the unit trains or shuttle trains are not towed to the marshalling yard’s delivery-acceptance tracks upon the arrival of the railway company, and if they aren’t towed out from there upon departure, but instead, if they are directly towed in and out of other delivery-acceptance tracks of the port and if the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. does not have to perform any shunting tasks. In this case the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. provides the traffic and traffic safety tasks required for the train’s transportation. The fee shall be charged per railway carriages.
- In case the unit trains or shuttle trains are only towed in to other delivery-acceptance tracks outside of the port’s marshalling yards upon the arrival of the railway company, or if they are only towed out to other delivery-acceptance tracks outside of the port’s marshalling yards upon departure, then the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall charge 50% of the traffic organization supervision fee to the authorized person for the transportation of railway carriages.
- The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall charge railway carriage handling fee if – upon the request of the railway company or due to reasons attributable to the authorized person – a railway carriage needs to be inserted into or withdrawn from a unit- or shuttle train, or from a train assembled for forwarding or towed into the loading area, or if the assembly of railway carriages becomes necessary until being delivered to the delivery tracks.
- The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall charge space occupancy fees to the railway company if the railway carriages transported by him are delivered to the consignee track beyond 60 minutes of reaching the statistical point indicating the start of the Port’s track, and if the railway carriages are towed out of the Port beyond 60 minutes of the permission provided by the railway operations of the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd.after the loading.
- The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall charge fees for the storage of railway carriages to the railway company if the railway vehicles are staying in the Port for more than 24 hours after arrival.
- The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall be entitled to apply railway services adapted to the current railway traffic, but the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall be obliged to announce this to its partners contracted for railway services (hereinafter referred to as: “contractual partners") by means of notification in writing (e-mail, fax) 48 hours in advance.
The time of announcement shall be from 8 AM to 5 PM on working days. If a demand arises from the contractual partners concerning the announced reduced operation, which – in consideration of the service times in accordance with Tariffs Section 6, Sub-section 6 issued by the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. – cannot be implemented under the reduced operation, then the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall switch to railway services adapted to the demands. The contractual partners shall be obliged to submit their commission for suspending the reduced railway services to the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. in writing (e-mail, fax), within 8 hours of the notification by the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd.
In case a contractual partner has requested the suspension of the announced reduced availability from the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd., however, if the railway consignment didn’t arrive, then the contractual partner shall be obliged to reimburse the costs of suspending the reduced operation to the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. In this case, the contractual partner shall be obliged to reimburse 75% of the railway carriage handling costs related to the failed traffic to the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. – in accordance with Tariffs Chapter III, Section 11 announced by the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd.
From 01 January 2020
Railway carriage handling (shunting) fee per carriages 10.450, HUF
Railway carriage handling (shunting) fee for unit- and shuttle trainsper operations and per carriages 5.380 HUF
Traffic organization supervision fee for the transportation of railway carriages both in the case of arrival and departure, per carriages 6.865 HUF
Traffic organization supervision fee for the transportation of railway carriages either in the case of arrival or departure, per carriages 3.435 HUF
Railway carriage handling fee per carriages and per handling operations 3.480 HUF
Availability fee of failed traffic 75% of the above traffic-related fees
Issuance of domestic rail waybill, per piece 425 HUF
Providing the railway consignment wagons with locks, per locks 215 HUF
Removing the tarp from the railway carriages, per piece 1.560 HUF
Covering the railway carriage with tarp, using existing tarp holder 2.950 HUF
Obtaining minutes of determination of injury from the railway company,in addition to the fees charged by the railway company, per piece 1.615 HUF
Storage fee of railways carriages per carriages and per days,
- in the case of railway carriages with four axles maximum 555 HUF
- in the case of railway carriages with more than four axles 835 HUF
Space occupancy fees of railway carriages per carriages and per hours 500 HUF
The rates do not include VAT. The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Zrt. shall charge the value added tax in accordance with the applicable laws.
6. Method of payment, due date, default interest
- The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Zrt. shall charge the fees specified in its Tariffs as detailed above for the services provided by it. The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Zrt. shall pass the costs of its provided services to its contractual partners.
- The contractual partner shall be entitled to designate anyone as a cost-bearer instead of himself, but the contractual partner shall be responsible for the performance of his designated cost-bearer up to the amount of the fees and expenses incurred.
- The Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. usually collects the fees of the services by wire transfer. However, the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall be entitled to make the performance of its services subject to the full or partial payment of the fees and costs. The services are settled after delivery, but at least at the end of each month. In the case of wire transfers, the due date for the payment of the invoice shall be 12 days from the date of issuance, unless it is specified otherwise in the specific contract concluded with the contractual partner. Invoices shall be issued in accordance with the laws in force at any given time. By default, the currency of the invoices shall be HUF for domestic partners and EURO for EU partners and for other foreign partners. It is possible to agree upon a currency different from the default by a separate agreement.
In the case of invoicing in HUF, the following MNB (Hungarian National Bank) exchange rates shall be applied:
- in the case of one-day services, the exchange rate applicable on the day of performance
- within one month, the exchange rate applicable on the last day of performance
- and in the case of performance over several months, the exchange rate applicable on the last day of the month (with monthly settlement).
If no subscriptions have been made on the above days, then the last subscription price before the given day shall be applied.
In the case of fixed-term (e.g. monthly) invoicing by separate agreement, the date of payment of the invoice shall be the due date. In this case, the MNB exchange rate applicable at the time of the invoice shall be used.
In the case of cash payment – if the fee is not paid during office hours -, the service fees shall be paid at the Dispatcher Service of Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. In this case, the payer shall receive a cash deposit certificate and the invoice will be sent by post.
The rate of default interest is twice the central bank base rate in the case of HUF invoicing, and 8% per year in the case of invoicing in other convertible currencies.
In the case of overdue charges, the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall be entitled to immediately refuse further services until the given charges and default interests have been settled.
In the case of overdue charges – in addition to the above -, the Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd. shall be entitled to refuse the transportation of railway carriages until the given charges and default interests have been settled.
7. Contact details of Freeport of Budapest Logistics Ltd.
- For contract and commercial matters:
Valéria Molnár , commercial director
- +36 1 278 3102
- +36 1 276 3978
- For general port traffic matters:
The dispatcher in charge
- +36 1 278 3118
- +36 1 277 6511